Tuesday, August 5, 2008

oh man.

[a poem prompted by the MTTM line of "Men are the new women" and a conversation with kellee]


have men and women switched roles?
i ask myself as i take a mental poll

why do i always feel like i'm in control?

isnt the man supposed to be head of household?

why do i have to approach him...

when i am what HE wants?

and the fortune that he flaunts

is reminiscent of a church lady’s hat

a sorry attempt to distract

the inadequacies beneath all that.

Its called gossip girls, not gossip men
But you kiss and you tell and you trade and then

Have the nerve to get mad at your girl-stealing friend

reenact what you tivo-ed on oxygen

takes notes on the game as i watch FSN.

Last time I checked u weren’t a white chick

if it's not your wayan, you throwin a bitch fit

When you pee, do you wonder “do I stand or I sit?”

is your name Bridget Jones, cuz you blog to talk shit...

A real diva's dialect, but I digress
It’s hard to wear the pants AND a freak um dress

But it’s not about who’s good, better, or best.

It’s not a competition, more like a complication

When the separation of sex begins to be blurred

should we go back to the way it was....

or has the new age become the
new way?


discuss.

til we blog again,

[eduardo's not the first man to run from me] bo$$lady


6 comments:

kellee kells said...

SO ive only had like a thousand ppl ask me what exactly this means
is it
a book?
a song?
a blog?
WELL...
its actually just a concept created for a towel/flip flop that a young woman by the name of leah [owner of the Married to the Mob clothing line] created to express her frustration with males in her particular line of business which is streetwear, a mostly male dominated industry. alot of her work is risque but it makes a statement for a certain group of women that enjoy the innovative ideas and smart designs of male urban streetwear but for sometime didnt have lines designed with them in mind.

on another note...
in my personal day to day experiences ive started to notice these "new women" & let me just say that with every encounter and ordeal i must endure the more i wish the topic was being written about in books and discussed on talk shows.
tyra, oprah, montel ANYBODY??? please its a freakin epidemic!!!
im tired of wearing the pants!!
gimme back my skirt!!! geesh!!

Anonymous said...

i love the poem and i love you too!!! Any who men are on vacay and these boys are just acting out...they need attention and i refuse to give it to them

so what if they cry???

i will just laugh

Anonymous said...

I totaly agree... now days it feels like I have to lower my standards, to date...back in the day it was men that had the job, the money, the car and the swagger, why do I find myself having my shit together and dealing with the bitchassness of it all...

I am not willing to compromise, I don't have kids, why should I deal with yours, I have a job and go to school, why don't you do either or if you do you don;t do it well.

Men have become so lame...bitchassness is rampant.

I love that you encourage girl power, and think exactly the same way I am at this point. Keep it chickadees. :D

J-Bigg said...

So, I'm the first male to respond.... Typically I take up for my fellas, but you are absolutely right. Too many dudes have reversed their role in society have become females in the precise ways you outlined in the poem. But don't lose hope women! There are still MEN out there that take pride in being a MAN in every sense. They pay for meals. They open doors. They pull out chairs. They protect and provide for their families. They take responsibility for their actions. I AM one of those men!!! So in the immortal words of Jesse Jackson "keep hope alive".

eric michael. said...

first of all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and freedom of speech, and this is indeed a good a$$ poem.

the fact is that males are females are both human, meaning that they share the same characteristics.

nothing is emotionally different about the male and the female in comparison to each other, its just that society and its wack idiosyncrasies have made a way into some people's mind to the point that they over analyze someone's actions and label it to their sex, when that is not the case at all.

men cry, women cry, numbers don't.
lol.

Anonymous said...

my mind is clear after a stroll through a local MALL... men do not act like women...

when we say that , we are insulting ourselves ladies...so i say they are not currently meeting our expectations

and i'm cool with that because i'm not looking for a man to be anything but himself...so if his self is shitty, o well he will stand in shit alone