Wednesday, April 16, 2008

phone tag


so i was watchin the Tyra Banks Show again [sometimes her topics are boring...but sometimes they're veryyyy interesting] anywho, they were discussing love, sex, and relationships and one of the things they discussed was "phone call rules"
  • how long is the woman/man supposed to wait after the initial meeting to call the person?
  • why is a text message more acceptable/comfortable when talking to someone new?
  • does a guy like it when the woman takes the initiative to make the first call?
  • should there be any rules at all?
my personal take on the matter is...if a guy gives me his number....i usually text him my number and wait for him to call me...the thrill of the chase if u will. HOWEVER, if i give a guy my number and he calls me right away [within the first 24 hours]...i presume him to be too anxious & sometimes desperate.

do guys even pay attention to time constraints and underlying showcases of masculinity...or do they just call the girl when they have time/feel like it?

talk yer ish.

til we blog again,
bo$$lady


p.s. i hateeeeee leaving voicemails!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Texting is my fav way to flirt! As long as the guy isn't boring or dumb, this is a low-pressure way to get to know each other's personality. Also, if you have limited texts/characters/ space, then this forces you to be creative.

I think texting can be a really lame, passive way to communicate though if you're trying to meet someone. There was one guy I gave my number to meet up, and he would not call me no matter what. He was also a waffler, never could decide anything, weak! I told him he was too much work to get to know.

As for the "macho" rules of calling, I think it's completely dependent on the guy. If I liked him, hey, the earlier the better. Call me whenever. I hate to sound cliche, but really, if he's into playing the phone call "games," then he's too caught up in gender roles and rules for my taste. Why bother with someone who can't think and decide for themselves how they feel?

Voicemail - LOL. Nobody checks this anymore. You can just see who it was with your missed calls.

bo$$lady said...

i prefer textual intercourse as well, its nonconfrontational....and way more efficient when yer a busybody like myself. however, i do appreciate a nice phone call/convo once in awhile...it's more personable and comforting.

note: just dont send the message to the wrong person [been done before!]

eric michael. said...

i don't talk to girls so i wouldn't know.
lol.

D.C. said...

Textual Intercourse hmm that sounds raunchy! lol Well this really depends on what kinda of specie your dealing with, and by species I mean "the woman" Its the most confusing specie known to mankind! Theres been counteless incidents were a woman gets pissed when you dont call or text her right away, and Im like WTF! So they lose interet, then you have some that have this "Hot to Guide" on how they shoud be approcahed or "chased" by the man, they want you to wait that 24 hour period, and call or text! But usually its a text, because LAWD FORBID if you call her before her minutes are free and she throws a BF! LMAO So I would go with a courtesy TEXT! Then set up a good time to call...

Must Take baby steps! Theres No Rush!

On Point Like Always,
D.C.

bo$$lady said...

yes! i do prefer texts before 9....we're workin on a budget here.

but i guess im the care-free type....he'll call when he has the chance.

but there's def a cutoff point for that tho...about 48 hours. after that...you are put into the don't answer group on my sk :]

Nuisance said...

no, they're shouldn't be any rules to courtship... but unfortunately, their are... if you feel someone, you should feel them - F the BS

http://nuisancepoet.blogspot.com/